Come join an organization where we highly value your dental lab experience and friendly demeanor with fellow employees and patients. Our staff members are the most important part of our practice, as their success directly determines our position as the leader in dental care.
At Dental Associates, we foster a culture which invites our patients into our "dental home" and provides our dental lab technicians with a career, not just a job. As a team member of Dental Associates, you will use state-of-the-art technology, experience on-the-job training exposing you to all specialty areas, and deliver an exceptional patient experience. We are a growing organization at the forefront of the dental industry and are continually expanding our footprint within Wisconsin.
The dental lab technician contributes to the business success of Dental Associates by providing quality design, fabrication and repair of dental restorations and appliances, as requested by our dentists. part of a dynamic organization that will make you proud. Learn more about our dental lab technician jobs below and how you can join our team!
Dental Lab Technician Responsibilities
- Pour cast preliminary, Master, Opposing models/ Trim/ Post Dam
- Provide quality casting for metal finishing department
- Fabricate and repair, according to doctors prescriptions
- Base Plate Wax Rim/ Bite Registration Partial/ Full Denture
- Doctor Chair Side, Shade/ Esthetics/ Custom Fitting (Crown/ Denture)
- Setup teeth and wax-up Partial Denture/ Full Denture/ Immediate Denture for Try-In/ Process
- Invest/ Devest Denture
- Process Partials/ Full Dentures
- Final Finish/ Place ID, Partial/ Full Denture
- Reline cold cure/ heat cure Partial/ Full Denture
- Replace/ add teeth to existing Partial/ Full Denture
- Manage and order denture tooth supply
Crown and Bridge Waxer
- Wax crowns, bridges, and porcelain restoration to proper contours with proper angles and room for porcelain buildup to provide an accurate fitting, anatomically correct restoration
- Wax up Valplast partials for Process
- Diagnostic/ Esthetic Tooth Wax up, Ant/ Post teeth for fixed prosthetics
- Add a contact to a porcelain crown
- Add custom stain to a porcelain crown/ acrylic tooth
- Clasp wire bending
- Complex and regular acrylic repairs
- Add clasps
- Hard acrylic/ soft laminate/ dual laminate- night guards/ bleaching trays
- Surgical implant stent/ guides
- Log-in and distribute lab cases/ Log-out-ship-out lab cases
- Manage and order lab supplies
- Manage all DAL clinic lab cases
Dental Lab Technician Education and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Previous dental lab experience strongly preferred
Dental Lab Technician Desired Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Language skills include the ability to read, analyze, and interpret doctor instructions.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as total weights and measures.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to direct lab cases to the correct lab department, doctor or clinic, in a timely manner.
Dental Lab Technician Training & Continuing Education
We offer our lab technicians continuing education through our education reimbursement program, which is available to our employees who have completed one year of employment and are in good standing. This program includes college credit courses, continuing education courses, seminars and certification tests.
In addition to an excellent compensation package, a career with Dental Associates will offer you access to beautiful facilities, advanced technologies, continuing education offerings, abundant opportunities for career growth, a dedicated support team, wonderful patients and the gorgeous state of Wisconsin.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes the following:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision plan
- Health savings and flexible spending account
- Disability coverage
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid time off, including paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Staff member discount programs
See our benefits page for more details regarding compensation packages.
Why Dental Associates
Dental Associates is a strong company with the resources to continually invest in our overall growth. We also invest in our talented team members through continuing education and other development opportunities. We believe that learning should continue through every stage of life, and we encourage our team members to seek additional seminars, courses and mentoring opportunities to further develop their skills.
We care about the places in which we work, and are dedicated to giving back to those communities through service and support of local events. For example, our staff at all our clinics are actively involved with programs such as Give Kids a Smile Day, Children’s Dental Health Month and local health fairs.
About Dental Associates
Founded in 1974, Dental Associates is Wisconsin's largest family and dentist-owned group dental practice with over a dozen offices throughout the state and nearly 800 team members. We conveniently provide both general and specialty dentistry care so we can truly become our patients’ dental home by providing all services they may need. From pediatric dentistry to specialized dental services for older adults, we focus on excellent care that is affordable, accessible and personalized. We maintain the highest level of quality, which is proven by our national accreditation by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and our A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.
Want to Join Our Team?
See the Current Job Openings box at the top of this page for our current openings. If you don't see anything listed there, use the Contact Us option.