Come join an organization where we highly value your customer service experience and patient-friendly demeanor. Our staff members are the most important part of our practice, as their success directly determines our position as the leader in dental care.
At Dental Associates, we foster a culture which invites our patients into our "dental home" and provides our dental services representatives with a career, not just a job. As a team member of Dental Associates, you will use state-of-the-art technology, experience on-the-job training exposing you to all specialty areas, and deliver an exceptional patient experience. We are a growing organization at the forefront of the dental industry and are continually expanding our footprint within Wisconsin.
The dental services representative contributes to the business success of Dental Associates by providing a unique combination of customer service, administrative duties and clinical support to ensure clinic organization and excellent patient experiences. Be part of a dynamic organization that will make you proud. Learn more about our dental services representative jobs below and how you can join our team!
Dental Services Representative Responsibilities
- Establish rapport with patients by greeting them with a smile and maintaining a professional image in appearance and manner
- Complete patient check-in and pre-registration
- Introduce patient to clinical staff and escort patient to treatment area
- Monitor Doctor and Hygienist timeliness and inform patient of any delays
- Resolve patient concerns; answer or seek to find an answer to patient inquiries
- Collect treatment fees due from patient and document date-of-service payments
- Update patient accounts on an on-going basis
- Keep reception areas supplied with patient education materials
- Assemble new patient gift bags as needed
- Perform light housekeeping duties to maintain a clean and orderly appearance in waiting areas, restrooms, and other public areas
- Open and close office areas according to protocol
- Coordinate and schedule team meetings
- Handle incoming calls from switchboard
- Process patient record transfer requests
- Update and maintain clinic phone list
- Receive and distribute mail
- Assist patient in updating iPad medical history
- Provide coverage for Dental Technician to account for absences and assist during high volume periods
- Receive, distribute, and stock dental supplies
- Sterilization of instruments
- Disposal of used supplies, waste, and hazardous materials in the proper containers
- Properly disinfect operatory upon request
- Required to stand, sit, walk, bend, twist, squat and reach above shoulders
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Forearm reaching from waist to shoulder level and above for suction and water hoses, light fixture adjustment or while using instruments from tray or supply cabinets
- Frequently required to handle, touch and hold objects, tools and controls
- Required to hold or move instruments and objects in the air while maintaining the weight for a prolonged period of time
- Must be able to retract/control tongue and tissue of patient
- Fine finger/hand manipulation and dexterity is required for operation of dental equipment
- Must ensure that all functions are performed ergonomically correctly
- Regularly required to talk and hear
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree preferred
- Preferred minimum of 2 years in the dental field
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner. Uses appropriate grammar, pronunciation, and tone to enhance understanding
- Demonstrates professionalism through body language, including eye-contact and posture
- Tailors communication to needs of the recipient
- Proficient keyboarding skills and use of Dental Associates computer systems and procedures
- Competent in dental terminology and procedures
- Proficient mathematical skills
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
In addition to an excellent compensation package, a dental services representative career with Dental Associates will offer you access to beautiful facilities, advanced technologies, continuing education offerings, abundant opportunities for career growth, a dedicated support team, wonderful patients and the gorgeous state of Wisconsin.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes the following:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision plan
- Health savings and flexible spending account
- Disability coverage
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid time off, including paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Staff member discount programs
See our benefits page for more details regarding compensation packages.
Why Dental Associates
Dental Associates is a strong company with the resources to continually invest in our overall growth. We also invest in our talented team members through continuing education and other development opportunities. We believe that learning should continue through every stage of life, and we encourage our team members to seek additional seminars, courses and mentoring opportunities to further develop their skills.
We care about the places in which we work, and are dedicated to giving back to those communities through service and support of local events. For example, our staff at all our clinics are actively involved with programs such as Give Kids a Smile Day, Children’s Dental Health Month and local health fairs.
About Dental Associates
Founded in 1974, Dental Associates is Wisconsin's largest family and dentist-owned group dental practice with over a dozen offices throughout the state and nearly 800 team members. We conveniently provide both general and specialty dentistry care so we can truly become our patients’ dental home by providing all services they may need. From pediatric dentistry to specialized dental services for older adults, we focus on excellent care that is affordable, accessible and personalized. We maintain the highest level of quality, which is proven by our national accreditation by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and our A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.
Want to Join Our Team?
See the Current Job Openings box at the top of this page for our current openings. If you don't see anything listed there, use the Contact Us option.