Come join an organization where we highly value your experience as a dental assistant and caring demeanor with patients. Our staff members are the most important part of our practice, as their success directly determines our position as the leader in dental care.
At Dental Associates, we foster a culture which invites our patients into our "dental home" and provides our dental assistants with a career, not just a job. As a team member of Dental Associates, you will use state-of-the-art technology, experience on-the-job training exposing you to all specialty areas, and deliver an exceptional patient experience. We are a growing organization at the forefront of the dental industry and are continually expanding our footprint within Wisconsin.
The dental assistant contributes to the business success of Dental Associates by providing quality dental care, excellent patient relations and effective interpersonal communication. Be part of a dynamic organization that will make you proud. Learn more about our dental technician jobs below and how you can join our team!
Dental Assistant Responsibilities
- Provide a positive experience throughout the entire patient interaction; from contacting to greeting, seating and completing their in-clinic visit
- Enter and modify patients’ treatment plans in the computer system
- Assist the dentist in the clinical treatment of patients by handing the dentist instruments during procedures, preparing restorative materials, taking digital images and maintaining dental equipment
- Maintain infection control, sterilization and waste-management activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Previous Dental Assistant experience or completion of an accredited Dental Assistant program required
- CDA preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Knowledge of state dental practices requirements, including X-ray proficiency and OSHA training
- Effective interpersonal skills to maintain rapport with patients, dentists, other staff members and the community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly present information to and answer questions from patients, supervisors and coworkers
- Good customer service skills and ability to work as a team in fast-paced environment
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations
- Conceptual thinking abilities to recognize problems, collect data and draw valid conclusions
- Contribute constructive suggestions to supervisor for clinic improvement
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Possess energy, resourcefulness and manual dexterity
- Be able to stand, sit and walk frequently
Dental Assistant Certification and Tuition Reimbursement
Dental Associates offers our dental assistants training and education towards the dental assisting certification. Dental Associates will reimburse an employee 50% of the cost of one written test to achieve certification. Once successfully achieved, we will reimburse you the remaining 50% of the cost.
We also reimburse dental assistants 100% of the cost of courses that are necessary to maintain certification, up to $100 per year plus the cost of certification renewal fees.
In addition to an excellent compensation package, a dental assistant career with Dental Associates will offer you access to beautiful facilities, advanced technologies, continuing education offerings, abundant opportunities for career growth, a dedicated support team, wonderful patients and the gorgeous state of Wisconsin.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes the following:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision plan
- Health savings and flexible spending account
- Disability coverage
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid time off, including paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Staff member discount programs
See our benefits page for more details regarding compensation packages.
Why Dental Associates
Dental Associates is a strong company with the resources to continually invest in our overall growth. We also invest in our talented team members through continuing education and other development opportunities. We believe that learning should continue through every stage of life, and we encourage our team members to seek additional seminars, courses and mentoring opportunities to further develop their skills.
We care about the places in which we work, and are dedicated to giving back to those communities through service and support of local events. For example, our staff at all our clinics are actively involved with programs such as Give Kids a Smile Day, Children’s Dental Health Month and local health fairs.
About Dental Associates
Founded in 1974, Dental Associates is Wisconsin's largest family and dentist-owned group dental practice with over a dozen offices throughout the state and nearly 800 team members. We conveniently provide both general and specialty dentistry care so we can truly become our patients’ dental home by providing all services they may need. From pediatric dentistry to specialized dental services for older adults, we focus on excellent care that is affordable, accessible and personalized. We maintain the highest level of quality, which is proven by our national accreditation by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and our A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.
Want to Join Our Team?
See the Current Job Openings box at the top of this page for our current openings. If you don't see anything listed there, use the Contact Us option.