Online Visit Instructions
Thank you for scheduling an online “Video Visit” with a Dental Associates dentist.
Rest assured, we’re an accredited health care organization and maintain strict HIPAA protocols to assure every part of this process protects your personal privacy. We use Microsoft Teams to conduct our Video Visits and it is considered HIPAA compliant.
What is the Process for a Video Visit?
We’ve done everything to make the process as smooth as possible but ask that you complete the tasks outlined below in the Preparation section to assure that when your Video Visit appointment time comes, you’re ready.
- Choose if you’re going to do your online visit on your mobile device or desktop computer (see Preparation section below).
- When your online visit time arrives, use the link in the email you will receive from us to start your visit.
- When you start your online visit via Microsoft Teams (instructions are below) you will be put into a “waiting room” until our dentist joins the meeting.
PREPARATION: What do I need to do to prepare for my Video Visit?
You can choose to do your Video Visit via either your desktop/laptop computer, or via your mobile iPhone or Android smartphone.
Option 1: Mobile Smartphones (iPhone or Android) / Tablets (iPads)
Step 1: Before your appointment time, please...
- Go to your phone’s app store and download the Microsoft Teams app.
- That’s all you need to do prior to your appointment. When it’s time for your scheduled appointment, please proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: At the time of your appointment time, please…
- Open the email we sent you containing the Video Visit information and tap on the link to “Join Microsoft Teams Meeting.” (This should result in the Microsoft Teams App opening.)
- Select “Join as a guest.”
- Please provide both your First and Last Name and choose “Join meeting” (iOS) or “Join as a guest” (Android).
- You may need to grant access to Microsoft Teams to use your microphone and camera.
- You’ll know you’re ready for the Video Visit when you get to a screen that says “Hey FirstName, someone in the meeting should let you in soon.”
Step 3: After your Video Visit is complete with our dentist you can “hang up” in the Microsoft Teams app.
Option 2: Desktop / Laptop Computers
Internet Browsers Supported: Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
Internet Browsers Not Supported: Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox.
Note: If you don’t have the supported browsers mentioned above, and don’t want to download them, we recommend using your smartphone or tablet instead (see instructions in Option 1 above).
Step 1: At the time of your appointment time, please...
- Open the email we sent you containing the Video Visit information and click on the link to “Join Microsoft Teams Meeting.”
- When your internet browser (Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge) opens to the Microsoft Teams website please choose the “Join on the web instead” option.
- You may need to “Allow” Microsoft Teams to use your computer’s microphone and camera.
- You’ll know you’re ready for the Video Visit when you get to a screen that says “Someone in the meeting should let you in soon.”
Step 2: After your Video Visit is complete with our dentist you can “hang up” in the Microsoft Teams app.
Will I be charged for my Online Visit?
Yes, online visits will be billed based on the current allowable fee schedule established with your insurance coverage. If you don’t currently have dental insurance, the cost is $63.
Will my insurance cover the cost of my Online Visit?
Many dental insurances cover the cost of the online visit and some have announced additional coverage during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will submit claims on your behalf.
What will the Dental Associates dentist do during my Online Visit?
During your online visit, your Dental Associates dentist will listen to your concerns, review your charts and X-rays as required, and provide next steps. Next steps could include scheduling you to be seen in person, prescribing a prescription, or giving instructions on how to solve the issue at home.
I tried to do the Video Visit, but my mobile device or computer didn’t work. Now what?
In the email we sent you, there will also be a telephone dial-in number. Use that during your scheduled time and your online visit will proceed as planned over the telephone.