Come join an organization where we highly value your administration experience, knowledge, and caring demeanor with employees and patients. Our staff members are the most important part of our practice, as their success directly determines our position as the leader in dental care.
At Dental Associates, we foster a culture which invites our patients into our "dental home" and provides our administrative supervisors with a career, not just a job. As a team member of Dental Associates, you will use state-of-the-art technology, experience on-the-job training exposing you to all specialty areas, and deliver an exceptional patient experience. We are a growing organization at the forefront of the dental industry and are continually expanding our footprint within Wisconsin.
The administrative supervisor contributes to the business success of Dental Associates by directing administrative initiatives, providing leadership support and assisting in the development of seamless delivery of care across the continuum. Be part of a dynamic organization that will make you proud. Learn more about our administrative supervisor jobs below and how you can join our team!
Administrative Supervisor Responsibilities
- Support the Clinic Director with execution, monitoring and achievement of the strategic plan to improve quality, cost-effective care that results in excellent dental care and positive patient outcomes
- Provide leadership and mentoring to Clinic Supervisors and support staff to optimize patient experience, resource utilization and staff engagement
- Encourage overall staff engagement. Foster a culture that is outcome-oriented, encourages participative problem solving, moves staff to action, and instills a desire to excel
- Utilize LEAN principles and tools to facilitate ongoing process improvement initiatives and total quality improvement
- Lead Human Capital Management strategy to ensure optimal selection, engagement, development and retention of staff members committed to achieving patient excellence at every interaction. Accountable for prompt, decisive action to address performance and behavior not in alignment with company's mission, vision and values
- Support excellence in patient care through skill development of practice management and support staff. Create formal and informal opportunities for training and skill development. Role model effective leadership, problem analysis, accountability, credibility, feedback and communication skills for all staff
- Model and apply standards that promote continuity, brand management and consistency across the organization and are in alignment with mission, vision, and values of Dental Associates
- Support key organizational initiatives through participation and leadership roles in committees and work groups
- Demonstrate Dental Associates' commitment to the community through ongoing community outreach, charity programs and involvement in community leadership roles
Administrative Supervisor Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in business, healthcare management or related field
- Post graduate academic and clinical dental experience preferred
- General knowledge of dental terminology and dental assisting practices preferred
- Three years of experience in a multi-department supervisory role, overseeing exempt and non-exempt staff, within a related field or healthcare environment
- Prior labor relations experience preferred
- Demonstrated coaching and counseling skills with ability to supervise large numbers of staff in a fast paced unpredictable environment
- Ability to successfully collaborate with a variety of internal clients, identifying problems and offering solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Ability to learn and practice new concepts quickly and teach them to others
- Demonstrated professional and ethical standards to gain and maintain credibility
- Must have ability to interpret a variety of technical information, governmental laws, regulations and labor contracts
Administrative Supervisor Desired Skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills including change management, operational planning, critical thinking, decision making, prioritization, team building, customer service, and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated track record of consistently achieving outcomes under pressure while balancing effective human capital management, corporate initiatives, and established business objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Demonstrates highest professional and ethical standards to gain and maintain credibility
- Ability to successfully collaborate across all business units, functions and levels to design and execute solutions to business issues
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of technical information, governmental laws, regulations and labor contracts
Training & Continuing Education
Dental Associates’ Education Reimbursement Program allows full time staff members who have completed one year of employment to complete college courses, continuing education courses, seminars and certification tests directly relating to their current position or career path. Program details can be obtained by contacting Human Resources.
In addition to an excellent compensation package, a career with Dental Associates will offer you access to beautiful facilities, advanced technologies, continuing education offerings, abundant opportunities for career growth, a dedicated support team, wonderful patients and the gorgeous state of Wisconsin.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes the following:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision plan
- Health savings and flexible spending account
- Disability coverage
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid time off, including paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Staff member discount programs
See our benefits page for more details regarding compensation packages.
Why Dental Associates
Dental Associates is a strong company with the resources to continually invest in our overall growth. We also invest in our talented team members through continuing education and other development opportunities. We believe that learning should continue through every stage of life, and we encourage our team members to seek additional seminars, courses and mentoring opportunities to further develop their skills.
We care about the places in which we work, and are dedicated to giving back to those communities through service and support of local events. For example, our staff at all our clinics are actively involved with programs such as Give Kids a Smile Day, Children’s Dental Health Month and local health fairs.
About Dental Associates
Founded in 1974, Dental Associates is Wisconsin's largest family and dentist-owned group dental practice with over a dozen offices throughout the state and nearly 800 team members. We conveniently provide both general and specialty dentistry care so we can truly become our patients’ dental home by providing all services they may need. From pediatric dentistry to specialized dental services for older adults, we focus on excellent care that is affordable, accessible and personalized. We maintain the highest level of quality, which is proven by our national accreditation by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and our A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.
Want to Join Our Team?
See the Current Job Openings box at the top of this page for our current openings. If you don't see anything listed there, use the Contact Us option.