Every year, more adults are enjoying the benefits of orthodontic care.
Straight teeth, teeth with a correct bite, and teeth that are aligned properly with other teeth are healthier. The overall health of your mouth is better! With crooked and misaligned teeth, there are more places for plaque to hide and more places for food to get stuck. The more buildup and plaque, the greater chance of decay, inflamed gums, and gum disease. And if you have an improper bite because of misaligned or crooked teeth, you can’t chew food properly either and that can lead to gastrointestinal problems.
With today’s advanced materials and techniques, wearing braces is much more efficient, convenient, and comfortable then ever!
Braces for Adults Improve…
- Improve teeth function, allowing you to bite and chew correctly
- Improve the ability to restore missing teeth
- Improve your facial appearance
- Improve oral health
- Improve self-confidence and self-esteem
Braces for Adults Prevent…
- Prevent tooth decay by correcting areas where plaque can easily build up
- Prevent or improve periodontal (gum) problems
- Prevent or reduce bone loss around teeth
- Prevent straining on teeth, jaws, and muscles that could lead to a greater risk of tooth breakage
- Prevent abnormal wearing of tooth surfaces
- Prevent difficulties in chewing
The type of braces you may need as an adult depends on:
- The severity of your bite or crookedness of your teeth
- If headgear or other special appliances are necessary
- The amount of time you will need to wear braces to correct your problem
- How you want to look in your braces
Invisible Braces for Adults
Materials for braces have advanced considerably over the years. Metal braces are no longer the only option. More “invisible” options are also available, and depending on the circumstances of your teeth and what you need corrected with braces, those invisible options may be for you.
Invisible braces for adults options include:
Ceramic braces bracket: ceramic braces brackets are made of composite materials. They come in varying levels of transparency so you can have ceramic braces that mimic the color of your natural teeth. Ceramic brackets are shown in the photo above.
Lingual braces: lingual braces are metal braces that are attached to the back of the teeth versus the front. So when you smile, no one can see them.
Invisalign: a set of clear, removable trays that are custom-made from a mold of your teeth. Find out more about Invisalign clear braces.
Whatever style of braces you and your Dental Associates orthodontist decide will work best for your individual circumstance and tooth realignment needs, you’ll get a straight, healthy set of teeth that will keep you smiling for a lifetime!
Request an Orthodontist Consultation
If you’re ready to get started, visit our Locations page to find our dental clinic near you. Call the clinic of your choice and tell them you’re interested in a consultation with an orthodontist. You may also Request an Appointment here.
Braces & Orthodontics Insurance Dental Associates is the exclusive provider of CarePlus Dental Plans insurance. With CarePlus dental insurance, you can save money on braces, even if you already have dental insurance. Use their Savings Calculator to see how much you can save with your existing dental insurance. Visit CarePlus Dental Insurance for Braces